Benefits of Meditation and Yoga
Yoga means Union. In simple words yoga is the union of mind, body and soul. Invented and developed in pre-vedic time in ancient India, Yoga has now spread its reach round the globe. No wonder the numerous benefits it offers that there are Yoga practitioners in every part of the world. Infact, Yoga has exceeded aerobics in terms of health and fitness benefits it provides. Yoga has numerous asanas which require certain breathing techniques which releases oxytocin. This oxytocin induces a stress free mental state. The prime reason why yoga is so popular is the meditation practice that it involves. Not only Yoga makes your body fit and healthy but keeps your mind healthy too. In a world where every person is struggling with mental health issues, meditation and yoga works magic in their life.
Here are some Benefits of Yoga and Meditation on mind and body:
· Strengthens muscle
· Tones body
· Yoga strengthens the spinal cord
· Meditation increases practitioner visualisation power and thinking ability
· Helps in de-stressing
· Boosts mental health and emotional stability.
· People suffering with schizophrenia, insomnia, etc. can greatly benefit from yoga.
· Helps in attaining and maintaining a healthy balanced metabolism
· It helps in reducing weight
· Increases your flexibility
· Boosts body’s immunity power
· Mental capacity is increased with yoga
· Helps in relaxing and rejuvenating mind, body and soul
· Increases brain functionality
· Meditation helps in correcting short attention span problem.
· Asthmatic patients greatly benefit from yoga.
Health and fitness tips provided by the Yoga experts:
We have compiled a list of Health and fitness tips gathered from the very best experts of Yoga. These Health and fitness tips will come to your rescue, if needed, while practicing.
· Choose a comfortable silent place for yoga and meditation where you can actually relax your mind.
· You can invest in a non-slip yoga mat or be creative and do it on a piece of carpet (make sure you don’t slip) or can do it on your bed.
· Stay safe and prevent injuries.
· There’s no shortcut to success. So to avoid any injuries, you must know your limits and boundaries.
· Pay extra attention and be cautious if your poses involve vulnerable body parts like neck, hips, knees and spine.
· Warm up yourself before performing any advanced pose or asana.
· Be cautious while transitioning between poses.
· If feel any pains or discomfort then adjust and soften, try to gently come out of that pose if necessary.
· Do not push or force yourself. You might end up injuring yourself.
· Be disciplined and practice daily.
· Choose your yoga style. Know what your mind and body requires. For instance if it has been a stressful week for you try meditation and focus more on relaxing and calming your mind.
· Always end your session with Savasana. It will relax your mind and body at the end of the session.
Health and fitness Quotes to stay motivated and achieve more:
Here are some inspiring Health and fitness quotes. These Health and fitness quotes will boost you with motivation and energy to practice more:
Yoga is not about touching your toes, it is what you learn on the way down.
– Jigar Gor
There’s always room for change, but you have to be open for that.
– Kathryn Budig
Yoga means addition – the addition of energy, strength and beauty to body, mind and soul.
– Amit Ray
True meditation is about being fully present with everything that is – including discomfort and challenges. It is not an escape from life.
– Craig Hamilton
Anyone who practices can obtain success in yoga but not one who is lazy. Constant practice alone is the secret of success.
– Hatha Yoga Pradipika
The Body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in.
– B. K. S Iyengar
These were the benefits of Yoga and Meditation on mind and body, health and fitness tips of yoga, and health and fitness quotes to keep you motivated. Stay healthy, stay fit.